Are you disappointed by the results of a previous plastic surgery? When results don’t turn out as expected or when complications arise after plastic surgery, revision surgery may be needed. This is one of the most difficult types of plastic surgery as the surgeon doesn’t start with a blank slate and must address mistakes, scar tissue, and complications from a previous procedure. H/K/B in Charlotte, NC specializes in revision procedures of the face, breast, and body. Our board-certified surgeons can help you undo damage and achieve a better result after a plastic surgery mishap. Schedule your consultation with us by calling 704-659-9000.
The Most Common Types of Revision Surgery
Our skilled plastic surgeons offer revision surgery for almost every procedure we offer, but our most common revisions include:
- Breast Augmentation Revision- Breast augmentation revision corrects issues like implant malposition, capsular contracture, or dissatisfaction with implant size/shape. The techniques used for this procedure will depend on the reasons for the revision surgery.
- Breast Lift Revision- Breast lift revision corrects misshapen areolas, asymmetrical breasts, or insufficient lift after a breast lift procedure.
- Rhinoplasty Revision- Rhinoplasty revision addresses issues with both appearance and functionality of the nose. Some revision rhinoplasty procedures will require cartilage grafting to restore the nasal structure. This cartilage can be harvested from the ear or ribs if there is insufficient cartilage in the nose.
- Facelift Revision- Many of our facelift revision patients come to us many years after their original facelift, seeking to restore a youthful appearance once again. Other reasons for revision facelift surgery include sagging shortly after facelift surgery and insufficient correction. One of the most difficult post-facelift issues to remedy is skin that is pulled too tight. We can explore corrective options together during your consultation.
- Blepharoplasty Revision- Blepharoplasty revision, also known as eyelid lift revision, can restore symmetry to the eyes if a mismatched appearance was created during the original surgery. It can also provide additional correction if sagging or bags under the eyes remain.
- Forehead/Brow Lift Revision- The most common reason for forehead lift revision is under correction from the original surgery. We can also correct uneven brows.
- Tummy Tuck Revision- Disappointing tummy tuck results can be corrected using a few different techniques. Often liposuction and muscle tightening are neglected in the original surgery. This leaves patients with excess fat and an undesirable bulge in the abdominal area. Our surgeons can also reduce scarring and fade stretch marks using laser technologies.
If you’re disappointed by your previous plastic surgery results, come see us and explore your options for correction.
Avoiding Revision Plastic Surgery
If you want to avoid extra surgeries and achieve the best results from your cosmetic procedures the first time, listen up. Training, experience, and qualifications vary widely amongst doctors. Offering a procedure doesn’t always mean that a doctor knows the best practices for the procedure. For cosmetic and plastic surgeries, always work with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Make sure that they have training and experience using the necessary techniques and that they have successfully performed the procedure.
At H/K/B, our surgeons have more than 50 years of combined experience. They perform more than 1,000 surgeries and 3,000 procedures each year. Continuing education is a priority, and our three surgeons work hard to stay up-to-date on the latest surgical techniques and clinical advances in the field. We’re innovators and pioneer new techniques, tools, and technologies to ensure that our patients are always getting the very best plastic surgery experience possible.
Trust H/K/B for your next plastic surgery procedure. Call us to schedule your aesthetic consultation at our Huntersville or Southpark location.