Do you love Botox, but find that your results aren’t what they used to be? Do you hear friends raving about Botox, but don’t see results when you use it yourself? You may have Botox resistance. Don’t give up on smoother skin and fewer wrinkles. If you’re immune to Botox, we have another option available. Ask us about Dysport!
What is Dysport?
Like Botox, Dysport is a botulinum toxin treatment. These two products share many similarities, but they aren’t exactly the same. To better understand Dysport, let’s compare it to Botox, its better known competitor. Remember, just because you’ve heard of Botox doesn’t mean that Dysport is any less effective. We offer both treatments because we understand the unique properties and benefits of each one.
Botox and Dysport: The Similarities
Botox and Dysport are more the same than different. Think of them as red and green grapes. Both are grapes, but they are a little different. Botox and Dysport share many similarities including:
- Both products relax muscles that cause active or dynamic wrinkles.
- Both Botox and Dysport are injectables and require a series of injections to the treatment area.
- Both have been used for years. Dysport is newer to the United States but has been used in Europe for many years.
- Both Botox and Dysport provide temporary results. You will need retreatment every few months to maintain your look.
- Both have a similar cost, although one treatment or the other may be a more effective option for some patients. It really depends on which areas are being treated and how much product is needed. Dysport is less expensive per unit, but requires a greater number of units to achieve the same result.
- Both Botox and Dysport require a skilled injector to obtain optimal results. Your outcome is largely determined by the skill of the person administering the treatment.
Botox and Dysport: The Differences
Although Botox and Dysport are similar, they have a few notable differences. These differences can make one product or the other a superior choice for some patients. After discussing your medical history and treatment goals, we can recommend either Botox or Dysport. Many patients can achieve stunning results using either product.
The differences between Botox and Dysport include:
- Dysport has a larger spread area. This allows us to treat larger areas like the forehead more effectively. This can be a downside to Dysport for some treatment areas.
- Dysport has a quicker onset. The difference is minimal, but Dysport users often see their results a day or two sooner than Botox users. Dysport results typically appear 2-5 days after treatment while Botox results can take up to a week.
Dysport for Botox Immunity
If you’re immune to Botox, Dysport may be an alternative option. Since its formulation is different than Botox, you may respond to it differently. Come see us to talk about your options. Remember, Botox immunity is rare and only affects a small percentage of the population.
Rejuvenate Without Botox or Dysport
We love Botox and Dysport, as do many of our patients, but these treatments aren’t the right fit for everyone. If Botox and Dysport aren’t right for you, come try one of our other rejuvenating treatments. As one of the top plastic surgery practices in North Carolina, we offer many surgical and non-surgical procedures to enhance and beautify your natural appearance. We’re sharing some of our favorite non-surgical anti-aging treatments below to help you turn back the clock without Botox or Dysport. These treatments can also complement your Botox or Dysport treatments.
- Dermal Fillers- Fill in lines, wrinkles, and creases with dermal fillers. These injectable fillers can restore lost facial volume in a few quick injections. Fillers are long lasting and can provide results for several months or even years, depending on the filler used. We offer many dermal fillers including Belotero, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, and Sculptra.
- Laser Rejuvenation- Aging skin got you down? Improve your skin’s quality and appearance with a laser rejuvenation treatment. Our powerful lasers can brighten dull skin, fade brown spots, and tighten loose skin. Call us to learn more about your options.
- HydraFacial- Give your skin an instant beauty boost with the HydraFacial. This treatment smooths, soothes, and rejuvenates the skin. Many patients opt for a Hydrafacial before a big event or add it as a regular part of their skincare regimen.
Immune to Botox? Try Dysport instead. Come see us to learn more about your rejuvenation options at H/K/B.