Let’s turn your frown upside down. Downturned corners of the mouth can create a perma-frown, causing others to wonder if you’re sad or upset. Downturned lips can be genetic or may develop as facial tissues start to droop or sag. A quick surgical procedure known as a corner lip lift can correct this common problem. Our lip lift can be performed alone or paired with injectable dermal fillers, adding volume and shape to the lips.
The Lip Lift Procedure
A lip lift is a short surgical procedure, performed on an outpatient basis at our fully accredited surgical facility. It takes about 30 minutes. Our highly trained nurses will ensure that you’re pampered, safe, and cared for your entire visit.
We use local anesthesia to ensure a comfortable procedure. Once the anesthetic takes effect, your surgeon will make a tiny incision at the corners of the mouth. Then the lip tissues are carefully lifted, so the edges point slightly upward. All incisions are placed on the border of the lip, in the color transition, making them practically invisible once you’ve healed.
The incisions are sutured closed, and recovery begins. We remove stitches after 5-7 days. Most patients return to normal activities after a couple of days, using makeup to hide scars. These fade in 2-4 weeks and are no longer discernable. Recovery is fast and easy for most patients after a lip lift.
H/K/B for Your Lip Lift in Charlotte, NC- Why Choose Us
A lip lift is a delicate and highly specialized procedure. In the Charlotte area, we are one of only a few practices to offer the procedure. Why should you choose H/K/B for your lip lift procedure?
- Experienced Plastic Surgeons- All lip lift procedures are performed by our board-certified plastic surgeons. Each is experienced and trained in lip lift techniques.
- Accredited Surgical Center- All surgeries are performed in our fully accredited surgical center. Although serious emergencies are very rare, we train and prepare for them often. All of our nurses are trained in advanced cardiac life support and we only work with board-certified anesthesiologists.
- Stunning Results- Our patients are generally delighted with the results from their lip lift procedures. Each surgery is customized to ensure a subtle, natural looking change.
Call us at 704-659-9000 to schedule your lip lift consultation at H/K/B. We have offices in both Huntersville and Southpark to conveniently serve patients throughout the Charlotte, NC area.
Lip Lift FAQs
Our board-certified plastic surgeons will answer any questions about the lip lift procedure during your consultation. If you have questions, come in and see us.
- How Long Do Lip Lift Results Last? – A lip lift offers long-lasting results. Gravity may cause lip corners to droop again, but usually much less pronounced than prior to surgery. A lip lift revision can lift the lips again if necessary.
- Am I a Good Candidate for a Lip Lift? – Talk with us about lip lift surgery if you have downturned lips. A thorough examination and a discussion of goals and medical history are needed to determine your candidacy for the procedure.
- Will Dermal Fillers Enhance My Lip Lift Results?- Dermal fillers are often used to enhance the lips after a lip lift. Fillers add volume to the lips and improve their shape. Fillers + lip lift = lip augmentation perfection!
H/K/B is proud to offer lip lift surgery in North Carolina. Call us to schedule your consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.