Bothered by a “Double Chin”? Improve your chin profile right here in the office!Kybella is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
What is submental fullness?
Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition that can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men.
Causes may include:
- Aging: It may naturally develop as you age.
- Genetics: Simply said, it may be part of your DNA.
- Weight gain: it may be a result of gaining weight.
If you’re bothered by it, you’re not alone. According to a 2014 survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery 68% of people said they’re bothered by submental fullness.
What is Kybella?
- Is a nonsurgical, 15-20 minute in-office treatment session. You will be given a series of injections into the fat under your chin at each treatment session.
- Is customized to help you achieve your treatment goals.
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin. once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
How does Kybella work?
The active ingredient in Kybella is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your chin, Kybella causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
Is Kybella right for you?
Kybella may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by submental fullness.
- Surgery is not an option for you.
- You feel the condition makes you look older and heavier than you actually are.
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away.
How many treatments will I need?
Many patients treated with Kybella experience visible contouring of their chin profile in 2 to 4 treatments (spaced at least one month apart). Some people require up to 6 treatments in order to achieve results. Once your chin profile has improved, you may not need to be treated with Kybella again.
For most patients, downtime was minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session. When scheduling your treatments, keep your social plans and work commitments in mind.