Male or female, time marches on. You are going to get older, but that doesn’t mean you have to look old. At Hunstad Kortesis Bharti, Cosmetic Surgery we help men and women slow and stop the signs of aging. Contact us to learn more about your options or to schedule a treatment at H/K/B.
We often talk about what plastic surgery can do for women. Today let’s focus on our men. Discover some of the most popular anti-aging procedures for men in Huntersville, NC.
Cosmetic Surgical Treatments for Men
For dramatic changes in your appearance, surgical treatments are the go-to pick. Tone, tighten, and sculpt with one of these rejuvenating surgical treatments for men.
- Blepharoplasty- Sagging eyelids are a common problem for men. Blepharoplasty, or an eyelid lift, removes loose skin from the upper and/or lower eyelids. A skillfully performed eyelid lift can rejuvenate the entire face, even though we only operate around the eyes. Blepharoplasty can correct drooping upper eyelids, bags under the eyes, and fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Eyelid lift surgery was the second most popular cosmetic surgical procedure for men in 2016.
- Liposuction- Lose your love handles with liposuction. This treatment is designed to target and remove stubborn fat pockets from almost anywhere on the body. Liposuction is very effective at removing stubborn fat, but it isn’t a weight loss treatment. Our male patients often choose liposuction to treat a double chin, gynecomastia (male breast development), abdominal fat, and love handles. Liposuction can enhance your efforts at the gym by removing the fat layer that covers your muscles, allowing your muscle definition to show through. We offer many types of liposuction including abdominal liposuction, Smart Lipo, and Vaser Lipo.
- Tummy Tuck- After weight loss, it can be difficult to get your flat tummy back. A tummy tuck tightens loose skin and abdominal muscles while removing excess fat. The result is a tighter, flatter abdominal area. Men accounted for about 4% of all tummy tucks in 2016, a small overall percentage, but growing. Tummy tuck surgeries for men saw growth of 114% from 2000 to 2016.
- Calf/Pectoral Augmentation- Achieving ideal muscle development can be difficult, both to achieve and maintain. Calf augmentation and pectoralis augmentation can enhance your efforts, creating a more athletic shape with less time at the gym.
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)- Gynecomastia, or male breast development, is a common problem, but very treatable. We can remove unwanted fat and glandular breast tissue using liposuction or surgical excision. Some men, especially those with extensive breast development, may also require skin removal.
- NeoGraft Hair Transplantation- Neograft Hair Transplantation is one of our favorite treatment options for hair loss. Our own Dr. Hunstad received the procedure himself and loves his results. This hair transplantation system offers a shorter recovery time, fewer activity restrictions, natural-looking results, and flexibility to wear hair long or short. No stitches or staples are needed for this less invasive hair transplantation surgery. Get a full head of hair back!
Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments for Men
Surgery isn’t the only way to rejuvenate. If you want to avoid surgery or have limited time off from work, consider a minimally invasive treatment like:
- CoolSculpting- This non-surgical treatment freezes unwanted fat. Like liposuction, CoolSculpting is designed to spot-treat problem areas like love handles. Average fat reduction is about 20% in the treated areas with only one treatment. Patients can return to work immediately and typically experience minimal side effects.
- Kybella- Ditch your double chin without surgery. Kybella is an injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin. We administer the treatment with a series of injections. Kybella gets to work, eliminating fat cells. Most men need a series of 2-4 monthly treatments before achieving their ideal result.
- Botox- Botox is so popular with men that it has earned itself the nickname “Brotox.” This treatment smooths active wrinkles, the type of wrinkles that develop from muscle movements like squinting or furrowing the brows. Botox is minimally invasive, and the treatment is so quick it can be performed on a lunch break. We also offer Dysport, another botulinum toxin treatment that provides similar results.
Do Men Really Get Cosmetic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is certainly more popular with women than with men, but we believe that this dynamic is changing. In our practice, we’ve seen the number of male patients we see exponentially increase since our practice first opened more than 22 years ago.
Statistics across the U.S. agree that men are receiving more cosmetic treatments. Men received approximately 214,000 cosmetic surgical procedures in 2016, the most recent year that statistics are available. This was about 13% of all cosmetic surgical procedures received. They received more than 1.1 million minimally invasive cosmetic treatments.
Male or female, we just want our patients to look and feel their best. Come into H/K/B and discover solutions to your biggest aesthetic concerns.