Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery
Rhinoplasty nose surgery is a very popular procedure at Hunstad / Kortesis / Bharti Cosmetic Surgery with an extremely high patient satisfaction rating. This procedure utilizes techniques such as cartilage removal, nasal bone manipulation and/or nasal tip shaping to help patients achieve a look that they’re proud of.
Rhinoplasty surgery is designed to improve the appearance of the nose and, in some cases, to improve breathing. It can help bring the overall facial structures into better harmony and balance, or simply modify areas of the nose that are misshapen or too large. With rhinoplasty surgery, two main techniques, closed and open rhinoplasty, are typically utilized – but most commonly, the open technique is used so that the surgeon can have optimal versatility to achieve a great result.
In a closed rhinoplasty technique, incisions are hidden inside the nose. This is possible when the bridge and/or dorsum of the nose are the primary concern. It can also be used in cases of a deviated septum.
The open rhinoplasty technique allows for all cartilage and bone components from top of the nose down to tip to be clearly visualized and accurately shaped. This includes an abundance of detailed procedures to correct everything from a large dorsal hump to oversized or flaring nostrils.
The scar crosses the columella – the column of skin between the nostril openings – and extends into the nasal folds. The scar is usually undetectable within six to twelve weeks. There is usually swelling following a rhinoplasty, which may persist for as long as six months, however the new shape is visible upon splint removal at approximately 5 days after your procedure. Numbness of the tip, which is temporary, may also be experienced for several weeks but will get better with time.
Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery Recovery
During the recovery period after a rhinoplasty nose surgery, bruising and swelling usually occur as well as nasal congestion (a stuffy nose). While this can be slightly uncomfortable, most patients are surprised by how quickly it begins to heal after a few days. Furthermore, rhinoplasty patients are often quite surprised at the low level of pain and discomfort they feel. For most patients, rhinoplasty is not a very painful procedure to experience.
Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery Cost
The cost of a rhinoplasty nose surgery is determined by many factors. This procedure is very detailed and can vary greatly in surgical approach from person to person depending on their concerns, needs and goals. Therefore, your provider and his team will develop a customized cost estimate based on a thorough consultation and physical examination.
Questions to Ask Your Rhinoplasty Nose Surgeon
It’s important to make sure all of your questions are addressed during your consultation. Here are some subject you may want to bring up during your personalized, one-on-one visit with your surgeon.
- What kind of anesthesia will be provided, and by what kind of anesthesia provider?
- Is it an advanced anesthesia provider, such as what we have at H/K/B? An advanced anesthesia provider is the gold standard in safety and care.
- Is the procedure being performed at an accredited surgery facility? You should be sure that your procedure is being performed in an accredited facility. Accreditation Boards include AAAASF, which is the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Center, AAAAHC, the American Association for the Accreditation of Health Care Facilities, and JACHO, the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Hospital Facilities. All of these organizations are recognized as proper certifying bodies, and the surgical facility should be certified by one of these entities.
- Is the plastic surgeon and the staff advanced cardiac life support certified? Although this is not required, having the physician and all clinical staff certified in advanced cardiac life support such as we have at H/K/B ensures the highest level of supervision, evaluation, and care of all patients should there ever be an emergency.
- May I have a tour of the surgical facility? Is the surgical facility properly outfitted? Is there proper cleanliness, proper lighting, and proper space for the procedure as well as the recovery room and, overnight facilities, which are commonly necessary following important rhinoplasty nose surgery and body contouring procedures? At H/K/B, we are proud of our fully certified surgical facility and are excited to have any prospective patient tour our facility and they have all universally found it to be quite impressive and outstanding.
Before & After Photos
Want to see our results for yourself? We perform hundreds of rhinoplasty nose surgery procedures every year for patients just like you. Be sure to visit our Before and After gallery to view photos of real H/K/B Rhinoplasty patients.View Gallery
Other Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery Questions
These are important questions to ask when considering rhinoplasty nose surgery. Rhinoplasty is a very complex procedure and needs to be performed in an accredited facility with highly trained personnel led by a skilled plastic surgeon. These important questions will help ensure that you have a successful high quality outcome.