Your safety is our top priority
Hunstad / Kortesis / Bharti Cosmetic Surgery takes the health and safety of our patients and team members very seriously. In response to the spread of COVID-19, H/K/B is implementing the below policies and guidelines as part of our efforts to reduce the potential for exposure to and spread of the coronavirus.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
In order to keep you, your family, and our team members safe, we’ve made some changes to the way we’re providing care to our patients. Here’s what you will experience when you come in for your appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
- You will be asked to wear a FACE MASK at all times
- You will be given a TEMPERATURE CHECK and QUESTIONAIRRE at check-in
- ONLY PATIENTS are allowed into the office
- All other individuals, including but not limited to children and the elderly, will be asked to REMAIN IN THE CAR
- Patients are asked to SOCIAL DISTANCE while in the office by remaining at least 6 feet apart from other individuals whenever possible
- If you are a post-operative patient and need a caretaker with you for assistance, please CALL US ahead of time at (704) 659-9000
If you have any questions about the implementation of these policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your participation as we continue to protect our patients and staff
OUR FULL COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
As the pandemic continues, HKB must balance the need to provide services while minimizing risk to our patients and staff. We are counting on all team members to do their part to promote a healthy, safe environment.
This Plan is based on information available from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), and the State of North Carolina and is subject to change based on further guidance from these and other public health agencies. The organization will monitor coronavirus-related guidance and will communicate any changes to this Plan accordingly.
Team Member and Visitor Health Screening Process
Hunstad Kortesis Bharti instituted the following processes for all team members and patients attempting to enter our facilities:
General guidance for team members:
- Team members are asked to stay home if they are exhibiting any symptoms
- Screening of everyone (staff, patients, caretakers) entering the facility for an updated list of symptoms (consistently modified based on latest CDD recommendations)
- “Do you have a new cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pains, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea, or new loss of taste or smell within the last 14 days?”
- Actively take their temperature and document absence of symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Fever is either measured temperature ≥100.0°F or subjective fever.
- Patients will continue to be asked screening questions when they meet with the Medical Assistant or nurse in clinic.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask and asked to hand sanitize.
- Visual alerts (e.g., signs, posters) are posted at the entrance and in strategic places to provide instructions about wearing a facemask, social distancing requirements, and how and when to perform hand hygiene.
- Appointments are restricted to patients only. Spouse, guests, and children will not be permitted in the clinic at his time.
- Surgical patients may have one caregiver present at discharge.
- Caregivers will be screened before entering the recovery area.
- All caregivers will be required to wear a facemask mask and to hand sanitize.
COVID-19 Testing and Diagnosis:
- Any team member who tests positive for COVID-19 or is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare provider is required not to report to work and immediately notify their team lead.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, staffing shortages will likely occur due to exposures, illness, or need to care for family members at home.
- HKB is following the CDC guidance for return to work criteria for HCP with COVID-19:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared and
- At least 24 hours have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols for the Workplace:
- HKB will provide appropriate cleaning supplies throughout our facilities and to team members.
- Each team member is asked to regularly to wipe down any area in the team member’s personal workspace where the team member has been in contact with high-touch surfaces, including keyboards, telephones, light switches, sinks, tables, pens, and handles.
- HKB has engaged our cleaning service to increase the frequency and depth of cleanings to ensure all areas of the workplace are thoroughly cleaned with additional regularity.
Enhanced Personal Hygiene/Protection Measures:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with others, do not gather in groups, and stay out of crowded places
- Cover mouth and nose with a cloth facemask when around others, and keep mask washed regularly
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of the elbow
- Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
- HKB is providing hand sanitizer stations and bottles throughout the workplace for team members, patients, and caretakers.
- HKB requires all team members, patients, and caregivers to maintain the social distancing requirements of six feet established by the CDC when possible.
- Team members in that do not deliver patient care are required to wear masks while in the facility.
- Team members that deliver patient care are required to wear N-95 respirators while in in the facility
- Lunch/Break room will be limited to an appropriate capacity to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- We will encourage staggering lunches and breaks to limit the occupancy of break room.
- Supervisors have contacted team members who are able to work from home effectively regarding plans for ongoing telework.