It’s a good time to get breast implants. Modern breast augmentation is one of the most requested and performed cosmetic surgical procedures here at H/K/B. Our surgeons are known for creating some of the best breasts in Charlotte and Huntersville, NC. With over 50 years of combined plastic surgery experience, our board-certified plastic surgeons have been performing breast augmentation for decades. Thanks to advanced techniques and modern breast implants, there has never been a better time to enhance your breasts and augment your figure.
Learn more about breast augmentation in Charlotte, NC by calling H/K/B at 704-659-9000. Our friendly and helpful staff can assist you with questions or help you schedule a consultation.
Why Is It a Great Time for Breast Augmentation in Charlotte, NC?
Breast augmentation is better than it has ever been. Our Charlotte plastic surgeons and patients alike are delighted by the beautiful breast augmentation results we achieve. Why is it a great time for cosmetic breast surgery?
- Strong, Durable, Modern Breast Implants- Modern breast implants are strong and long lasting, making leaks and ruptures less likely to occur. Some types of modern implants are so resistant to leakage that they can hold their shape, even when cut in half.
- Variety of Breast Implant Types, Shapes, and Sizes- We have access to FDA-approved, modern breast implants in many different shapes, sizes, and types. Our surgeons are experienced using saline, silicone gel, and cohesive silicone breast implants (gummy bear implants). We use both round and shaped implants in a wide range of sizes and projections to achieve a beautiful and natural looking result for each patient.
- Customizable Results- What do your ideal breasts look like? Let us help you achieve them. Nearly every aspect of the breast augmentation procedure can be customized from incision location to implant placement and type. We’ll work with you to create a look you’ll love, uniquely designed to complement your lifestyle, anatomy, and aesthetic preferences.
- Natural Looking Curves are In- Natural looking results are trending in breast augmentation and it’s a trend that we love. When breast augmentation was a newer procedure, many women opted for large, obvious implants, causing many women to shy away from the procedure, even if they wanted to enhance their breasts. Today, women seek breast implants that look more natural, making this procedure more accessible and approachable. We perform breast augmentation on mothers and grandmothers, teachers, nurses, scientists, and athletes. Our breast augmentation patients are as beautiful and varied as the women of the world.
- New Surgical Techniques to Enhance Results – Innovations in aesthetic surgery are improving breast augmentation results and outcomes. Fat grafting for the breasts is one example of a new technique enhancing breast surgery. We can now use fat from other areas of the body to camouflage the appearance of breast implants and add volume.
Breast augmentation surgery recovery is pretty straight forward. Here is a rundown of what you can expect:
What to Expect Right after Breast Surgery
We typically perform breast augmentation in our own advanced surgical facility. The procedure takes less than an hour. After surgery you’ll wake up and spend a little time in recovery. You’ll be wrapped in bandages. When you’re ready to head home you’ll need someone to drive you and help you once you get home. We will provide detailed recovery instructions and prescriptions for pain relief and medications as needed.
Many patients report feeling tenderness and a feeling of tightness. These sensations are normal and should fade quickly as you heal. You may also have some bruising and swelling.
Dr. Bharti says, “Modern breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure that typically takes less than an hour, with minimal recovery and very high patient satisfaction.”
Few Days after Modern Breast Augmentation Surgery
During the first few days after surgery you’ll need to take it easy, avoiding strenuous activities and heavy lifting. After a few days most patients are ready to return to many of their normal activities. You may be ready to return to work after just a few days. You’ll need to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise for several weeks. Take it slowly and give yourself time to recover.
Many women notice dramatic improvement in how they feel daily. You should feel a little better with each passing day, but if you start to feel worse, give us a call. Although you’ll feel better quickly, it can take a few months for your breasts to achieve their final look. In the months after surgery your breasts will soften and the implants will settle into position.
Tips for Modern Breast Augmentation Recovery
These tips will help you throughout the recovery process:
- Wear a Button-Up or Zip-Up Shirt to Surgery– These are easier to put on and take off right after surgery when it may be difficult to lift your arms.
- Fill Your Prescriptions in Advance– Many patients choose to fill their prescriptions before surgery so they don’t have to worry about running to the pharmacy on their way home.
- Take Enough Time Off– Many women are able to return to their regular activities after just a few days, but we recommend that you arrange for 3-5 days off from work, just in case. During this time you’ll also need help with any small children.
- Ask Questions– Your recovery situation will vary dramatically depending on implant placement, incision type, and other factors. Ask your surgeon what to expect and how to best prepare for your surgery and recovery.
Another great aspect of having breast augmentation surgery today is that you have more options than ever before. What if you actually don’t need a breast augmentation at all? No need to worry! Depending on your current breast shape and size and your future breast goals, you might need one of the following breast surgery options to get the result you’ve always dreamed of. Our expert surgeons will help educate you on the following procedures:
Breast sagging is a common complaint, especially amongst our post-pregnancy and weight loss patients. A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, restores breast shape by removing excess skin and lifting sagging breast tissues. Women can retain a similar breast size with a breast lift alone or can increase their cup size by pairing a breast lift with implants.
Severity of sagging varies substantially, and we use many incision and lifting techniques to customize this procedure. We always minimize scarring as much as possible without compromising results.
Breast tissue is heavy, and if you have too much, it can really weigh you down. Our breast reduction patients have often struggled with back and neck pain for years before they receive surgery. It can be difficult to find clothing that fits and flatters oversize breasts. Breast reduction surgery removes skin, fat, and breast tissue to create a breast that is more manageable and more comfortable.
We work closely with breast reduction patients to figure out ideal breast size before surgery. In addition to a detailed and comprehensive consultation, we also offer Vectra 3D Imaging. This allows you to see your new, smaller breasts before surgery and is an invaluable tool in determining how you want to look post-surgery.
Fat Grafting for the Breasts
Put unwanted fat to good use by adding it into your breasts. Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting can reposition fat into the breast area. We typically pair this procedure with breast augmentation and use the fat to camouflage the appearance of the modern breast implants. Fat grafting offers a long-lasting result, and our specialized techniques minimize fat loss after transfer.
Breast Surgery for Men
Although breast surgery is most commonly performed on our female patients, we offer one type of breast surgery specifically for men: gynecomastia treatment, also known as male breast reduction. This procedure removes excess fat and tissue from the chest area in men with gynecomastia. The goal of treatment is a flatter, more masculine chest appearance. Our experienced surgeons skillfully place incisions, often placing them in inconspicuous locations like under the arm or on the edge of the areola. Our male breast reduction patients are typically delighted with their results, and many note an increase in confidence after their procedure.
What are you waiting for? If you’re unhappy with your breast appearance and you’re considering modern breast augmentation surgery, there has never been a better time to pursue cosmetic breast surgery. Give us a call and learn more about breast augmentation in Charlotte.